Welcoming Everyone From Beginning Players to Advanced Golfers
ENJOY A VARIETY OF SERVICES DESIGNED TO IMPROVE YOUR GAME
Looking for a fun new way to challenge yourself? Want to enroll your kid in lessons that will help them improve in all areas of life? Come to JGA Golf Academy in Somers Point, Egg Harbor Township to enroll in lessons taught by a professional instructor. In addition to lessons for both youth and adults, we also offer personalized golf club fittings and college recruiting services.
WHY TAKE UP GOLF?
The game of golf offers many benefits to youth and adult players alike. Some of the benefits include:
• Socialization: Both kids and adults will have the opportunity to interact with like-minded golf students. You’ll connect over shared hobbies and develop lasting friendships.
• Fitness: When playing a full 18 holes, you can walk 3-4 miles or more if you skip the golf cart. Performing long drives also calls on your muscles and helps you improve fitness and build endurance.
• Focus: Golf is never as simple as walking up to the ball with your club and hitting it in the direction of the hole. You’ll have to choose the correct club and factor in elements like wind and course obstacles. You’ll learn to block out distractions and concentrate on the task in front of you.
• Fun: There’s something inherently fun about the challenge of a game, whether you’re competing against yourself or other players. And while you’re having fun, our experienced instructor will help you polish your techniques to improve your game.
Get in touch with the professional team at JGA Golf Academy today to inquire about lessons, tournaments or our college recruiting services.
Youth and Adult Golf Lessons Taught by a Pro
ENJOY INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP LESSONS AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
The JGA Golf Academy at Greate Bay Country Club in Somers Point, Egg Harbor Township, NJ is instructed and overseen by John Petronis, a PGA Teaching Professional who is ranked #2 in the State of New Jersey by GolfStyles Magazine. As a dedicated and experienced golfer, he is committed to using his role as an instructor to help children and adults of all ages improve their games and fully appreciate all that golf has to offer.
The JGA Golf Academy offers individual and small group lessons; organized yet super-fun small group classes; golf camps; and expert golf club fittings. Our lessons are tailored to both kids and adults and focus on beginner, intermediate and advanced golfers so we can properly address specific obstacles faced at each level.
We use modern technology such at FlightScope Launch Monitor, V1 Video and training aides to keep things running smoothly at the academy, and employ an online scheduler.
Call or visit today to enroll in a class or inquire about camps and personalized club fittings.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR LESSON
|| How Do I Get Better?
by Class "A" PGA Golf Professional John Petronis
Let’s keep this really simple. If you want to be good at something, you must:
1. Learn how to do it or learn how to do it better. Basically, take golf lessons with a PGA Professional or an Assistant Golf Professional who is aspiring to become a PGA Professional.
2. Practice Frequently doing your drills and fun little games to keep it interesting. A practice partner can help to make learning more fun too. Practice with a purpose and set goals for your practice. Once you accomplish your goals or objective you are finished. Feel good about how well you did!!!
3. Play Frequently with your friends and on the JGA Tour. There's an age division and a skill level division that's right for you!
4.Compete. Organized competition offers a great way to not only play golf with others who share your same interest in golf and play great golf courses, competition gives you a way to test your abilities/skill level against other competitive golfers. Make sure that you often challenge yourself against those who are equal to or better skilled than you.
If you want to get really good:
1. Find a good PGA Professional who is dedicated as your golf coach and is willing to take you under his wing and to the next level.
2. Compete in nationally ranked events like the JGA Tour & other events that we recommend for you. This will help to prepare you for larger nationally ranked tournaments and ultimately for collegiate golf. If you want to play golf in college and hope for that scholarship, you must compete at the level where college coaches recruit.